The Token Swap has now Ended
The token swap has ended and we are now in the recovery period. The Changelly exchange will be available until 21st December 2018. All other exchanges are now unavailable. Swapping tokens via the Aion Token Swap Bridge is no longer available.
The Token Swap has ended. We are now in the recovery period. Given the nature of decentralized technology, it is imperative you exercise extreme caution when transacting with cryptocurrency. You, and only you, have custody over your tokens and coins, so it is critical you securely store your private keys. We recommended that you perform a test transaction of a small amount to verify that you are using the correct address and have access to your account.
Changelly is the only supported method to perform an Aion token swap.
If you encounter any issues during your swap process not covered in this guide, please reach out on any of our official channels below or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're here if you need us!
At this time the Aion Desktop wallet and Coinomi are the only supported wallets for receiving your AION coins. Ledger is also available. This guide walks you through using the Aion Desktop Wallet only.
Select Your Operating System
Although it is possible to install the Aion Desktop Wallet on any Linux distribution, only Ubuntu is officially supported.
To properly install the new Desktop Wallet release make sure that you have exported your keystore or written down your seed phrase. Once you have confirmed, execute the following command to remove release 1.0:
rm -rf ~/.aion
You can now install the latest version:
- Download the
aion_ui.zipfile from the Aion Wallet Repository.
- Extract the folder to your root
- Open a terminal and run:
- The Aion Desktop Wallet is now open on your desktop. Run the above command again if you want to re-open the wallet.
- Download the
AionWallet.dmgapplication image from the Aion Wallet Github repository.
- Extract and open the installer. A window containing AionWallet.app should appear.
- Drag and drop AionWallet.app into the Applications folder.
- You can now search for AionWallet using the normal tools (
AionWallet) or by navigating to the Applications folder and double-clicking on AionWallet.
You may encounter a warning that you cannot run the application. If this happens:
- Open Applications > System Preferences > Privacy & Settings.
- At the lower half of the window, you will see a request for the AionWallet App to run on your Mac.
- Select to Open Now, and if prompted again confirm your choice by pressing Open again.
The Aion Desktop Wallet is compatiable with Windows 7 and above.
- If you don't already have it, download and install the latest stable Java release.
- Download the
AionWalletSetup.exeexecutable from the Aion Wallet repository.
AionWalletSetup.exeon your computer. Accept any security warnings that pop up.
- Follow through the installation and restart your computer.
- You can now open the wallet through the Start Menu.
AionWalletSetup.exe currently isn't signed, which means you may run into some security warnings during the installation process. Just click OK through these warnings. We are in the processes of getting all the Aion executable signed and recognized by Microsoft.
This tutorial assumes that you want to create a new account within your wallet. If you already have an account setup in your wallet but you have forgotten your password, you can recover it by following the I've Forgotten My Password guide.
- Open the Wallet.
- Click Add account.
- Enter an account name (this can be edited later).
- Enter a password.
- Confirm chosen password.
- Save and backup the seed mnemonic that appears. Please write down the mnemonic phrase on paper and store in a secure location. This phrase can be used to access your account without any additional passwords or verification. Handle with care!
In the wallet there is a field called Public address. This is your Aion wallet address, and can be used to receive your
AION coins in the token swap.
For additional information on using your Aion Desktop Wallet refer to the Aion Wallet user guide.
Congrats! You now have an Aion wallet address to use for the Aion Token Swap
|Check Token Compatibility|
Changelly is the only exchange available to do the token swap. Changelly will remain available until 21st December 2018. After that date you will not be able to perform the token swap.
For an up-to-date and detailed breakdown of Changelly's swap process please refer to their guide.
Once your transfer is complete, you can check your
Aion coin balance using the Aion Desktop Wallet or Coinomi. Keep in mind that this whole process may take up to an hour to show up. We highly suggest attempting the swap using a small amount of
AION before swapping your entire supply at once.
Congratulations! You have now completed the Aion Token Swap, and are now holding native