A tone of voice is not what you say, but how you say it. This encompasses not only the words you choose, but their order, rhythm, and pace. We want to let the community know it's the expression of the people who stand behind Aion.
We want to brand ourselves in a way that allows us to engage, educate and inspire others.
We're passionate about reinventing the way the world and blockchain works.
Optimistic and active through clear and positive language. Content should have an air of fresh discovery and excitement.
Put yourself in the audience's shoes. Inform and educate them as if you were in their shoes -because you once were too!
Our tone adds specific flavour to our voice based on factors such as audience, situation, and channel.
We are personable & human. Address audience with an inclusive tone in first person. Collegial and down-to-earth vibes.
Write with warm language as if you were talking to a friend. Bring a smile with clever use of ideas, analogies, quotations or references that may engage readers.
We take blockchain, development and learning seriously; we don't take ourselves seriously.
By following these guidelines you're helping to keep the Aion docs sounding consistent.
- Write articles in the present tense rather than past or future.
The virtual machine runs the script.
The virtual machine will run the script.
2. Address readers in second person by using you to address them. Stay away from words like I, we, our, or one.
You can install the virtual machine.
3. Follow each list of three or more items with a comma. This is known as the Oxford or Serial Comma.
One, two, three, and four.
One, two, three and four.
Henry, Elizabeth, and George.
Henry, Elizabeth and George.
- Write clearly and concisely. Sentences should be shorter than 25 words. Any longer and things tend to get a little blurry.
- Don’t use formal or long words when easy or short ones will do.
6. Use consistent terminology. This isn't creative writing, so you don't need to describe the same thing differently every time you mention it.
7. Use American English spelling.
8. Spell out acronyms and include them in parentheses the first time they are used in each document.
Decentralized Application (DApp)
Virtual Machine (VM)
9. Capitalize all the significant words in titles.
This is a Public Service Announcement
10. Avoid using specific version numbers whenever possible.
Feel free to use emojis in your visual vocabulary to really drive the point or impact of the topic. They can help in providing visual breaks for users and as well lighten up the tone!
- You’ve reached this far, good job!
- Best Practices
- Now you know all about __
- Avoid this (in tips, knowledge, best practice design patterns)
- You did it!
- 100% the way to go
Thunder / Zap
- Fast / lightning fast
- Powerful Technology
- REMEMBER THIS!
- Making a point
- Encrypted / Encryption
- Protect !!
- Private Key
- Digital Signature
- Token Bridge
- Aion Bridge
- Randomized Function
- Hash function
- Loading Time