An Aion Wallet is needed to manage Aion Coins. There are currently two ways in which you can create a wallet: either using the Aion Desktop Wallet application or by using Coinomi's mobile wallet.
- Download the AionWallet.dmg application image
- Extract and open the installer. A window containing AionWallet.app should appear.
- Drag and drop AionWallet.app into the Applications folder.
- You can now search for AionWallet using the normal tools (
AionWallet) or by navigating to the Applications folder and double-clicking on AionWallet.
Encountered a warning
You may encounter a warning that you cannot run the application - try to open the application anyway.
If the application still does not open:
- Go to System Preferences -> Privacy & Settings
- At the lower half of the window that opens, you will see a request for the AionWallet App to run on your Mac
- Select to open now, and if prompted again confirm your choice by pressing open again
Already running Aion Desktop Wallet 1.0
To properly install the new Desktop Wallet release make sure that you have exported your keystore or written down your seed phrase. Once you have confirmed, execute the following command to remove release 1.0:
rm -rf ~/.aion
You can now install version 1.1.0
- Download the Aion Desktop Wallet for Ubuntu 16.04
- Unzip the
- Open a terminal inside the unzipped folder and run
- Download the Aion Desktop Wallet for Windows
- Run by double-clicking the
AionWalletSetup.exe(If you are not an Administrator, right click the .exe and click "Run as Administrator')
- Follow along the instructions that appear (you may have to accept certain security pop-ups and install Java)
- Launch the Aion Desktop Wallet by clicking on the wallet shortcut created on your desktop
Encountered a warning
Upon installing the application, you will see a screen stating:
'Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unregistered app form starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.'
- Click on 'More info'
- Click on 'Run anyway'
You may then see a second pop up asking
'Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?
- Click on Yes
Once the wallet has been installed, this window will appear:
There are two options to initialize your wallet by adding an account:
- Recover Previous Wallet (if you have an existing Aion Desktop Wallet with the corresponding mnemonic and password)
- Create New Account (new Aion Desktop Wallet user)
This tutorial assumes that you don't have an existing wallet and wish to create a new Aion account. For additional wallet functionality (including the recovery option), please refer to the Aion Desktop Wallet full documentation.
- Click on Add account on the wallet interface
- Select an account name (this can be edited later)
- Select a password
- Confirm chosen password
- Save and backup the seed mnemonic that appears - you will need it if you wish to recover your wallet later:
Please write down the mnemonic phrase on paper and store in a secure location. This phrase can be used to access your account without any additional passwords or verification. Handle with care!
Clicking on Add account later will automatically generate an account in your wallet. These accounts cannot be removed from the wallet.
Notice there is a string address for your account called "Public address". This is your Aion wallet address, and can be used to receive your Aion Coins in the token swap.
For additional information on using your Aion Desktop Wallet refer to this user guide
Congrats! You now have an Aion wallet address to use for the Aion Token Swap.
Navigate to the Apple App Store or Google Play store and search for "Coinomi Wallet"
After you have followed the on-screen instructions and initialized your wallet, a list of Coins will appear:
Select "Aion" from the list.
Congrats! You now have an Aion wallet address to use for the Aion Token Swap. Navigate to "Receive" to view your address: